Classic Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise (store-bought or homemade mayonnaise)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (or up to 2 tsp. if you like it a bit more lemony)
Whisk together the mayo, sour cream, and milk until smooth. Add the spices and whisk until combined. Add the lemon and whisk again. Pour into a jar and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This dressing will keep nicely in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy!
We prefer the buttermilk, so we purchase good-quality buttermilk, then freeze in 1/2 cup portions in freezer bags for zero waste and pre-measured buttermilk each and every time we want fresh ranch dressing.